Pasta is one of those foods that people just love to eat. It’s easy to prepare and has a lot of health benefits. But what happens when you run out of stock? Or maybe you want to make extra servings for guests but don’t have time to go through the hassle of making fresh pasta each time.
In either case, you might want to consider getting yourself a good-quality pasta maker. This device allows you to make delicious homemade pasta without having to worry about messy hands or sticky fingers.
So, here we have compiled a list of the 7 best hand crank pasta makers available today. We hope that our guide will help you choose the right product for your needs.
We’ve also got some recommendations on what to look out for when buying one and some pros and cons so you know exactly what you need before you make your purchase.
|Nuvantee Pasta Maker Machine||MARCATO Atlas 150 Pasta Machine||Ovente Manual Stainless Steel Pasta Maker Machine||GOURMEX Stainless Steel Manual Pasta Maker Machine||iSiLER 150 Roller Pasta Maker||Shule Pasta Maker Machine||Houseables Pasta Maker Machine|
|Material||Alloy||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
(2mm to 6mm)
15 settings (0.6mm to 4.8mm)
7 settings (0.5mm to 3mm)
7 settings (2mm to 6mm)
9 settings (0.3mm to 2.6 mm)
|7 settings (0.5 to 3 mm)|
9 settings (1.5mm to 6.6mm)
|5.42 lbs||3.9 lbs||6.15 lbs||4.45 lbs||4.65 lbs||6 lbs|
|Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
Our Top 7 Picks
The Nuvantee Pasta Maker Machine is a great choice for anyone looking for an easy-to-use pasta machine that can create various types of noodles. With 7 different thickness settings, it is perfect for creating the perfect spaghetti or fettuccine dish.
Additionally, this machine comes with a separate clay roller attachment that makes it easy to create delicious noodle dishes like lasagna and dumpling skins.
This pasta machine is also great as a gift. Not only is it an easy-to-use machine that can create delicious pasta dishes, but it is also visually appealing and perfect for any cooking space.
- 7 thickness settings
- Washable Aluminum Alloy Rollers and Cutter
- Carbon Steel blades
- Durable stainless steel design
- The cutter has 2 different sizes
- It is heavy-duty
- It is easy to clean
- It has a simple design and is easy to use
- The dial is set backwards
- The clamp is too small
The MARCATO Atlas 150 Pasta Machine is the world’s perfect machine for making lasagna, fettuccine, and tagliatelle from home. The Atlas 150 is perfect for traditional lasagna, fettuccine, and tagliatelle and can easily attach any of the 12 pasta cutting accessories sold separately.
This Italian-made pasta maker includes a pasta cutter and hand crank to effortlessly roll out sheets of dough to 150 millimeters wide at 10 thicknesses (0. 6 to 4. 8-Millimeter), guaranteeing consistent texture, cook time, and taste every time you make lasagna or pasta.
However, this sleek machine is not dishwasher safe. To clean, simply wipe with a Dry brush or cloth.
- Made from chrome-plated steel
- Rolls sheets of dough to 150 millimeters wide at 10 thicknesses (0. 6 to 4. 8-Millimeter)
- Includes pasta machine, pasta cutter, hand crank, clamp
- It is easy to assemble
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Solid metal build
- It is heavy
- The clamp doesn’t hold well
This Ovente Manual Stainless Steel Pasta Maker Machine comes with a stainless steel hand crank and 3 premium attachments – an adjustable countertop clamp, double pasta cutter attachment, and a manual.
The machine is made from sturdy food grade carbon and high grade 304 stainless steel which makes it durable for many years to come. It features a 7-position dial that allows you to choose the thickness of the pasta dough, and the included double pasta cutter attachment quickly and easily makes spaghetti or fettuccine.
The machine is easy to clean with a brush or wooden rod, and it comes with US based customer service for warranty assistance.
- 7-position dial
- Adjustable countertop clamp
- Double cutter attachment
- Sturdy food grade carbon and high grade 304 stainless steel construction
- The clamp holds well
- The build quality is good
- It has a great design
- Cleaning is easy
- The width adjustment knob is a little hard to read and set
- It has a lightweight construction
The GOURMEX Stainless Steel Manual Pasta Maker Machine lets you effortlessly create fresh and delicious pasta dishes. With 7 different thickness settings, this machine kneads your noodle dough for the perfect, most scrumptious pasta dishes.
The compact storage and easy-grip handle make it easy to use, even in small kitchens and the clamp lock keeps it securely in place on the surface.. This pasta maker has a double cutter head attachment for you to choose your width preference.
It is made of heavy-duty stainless steel to provide lasting use and its high shine chrome body will enhance any kitchen décor.
- 7 thickness settings
- Double cutter head attachment
- Compact design
- Easy grip detachable handle
- Clamp lock
- The table clamp is sturdy
- It is easy to use
- Solid, heavy-duty construction
- It is heavy to carry
- Not easy to clean
The iSiLER 150 Roller Pasta Maker is a great kitchen appliance for making delicious spaghetti, fettuccini, lasagna and other types of pasta at home. It is made from stainless steel and has an adjustable thickness knob with 9 settings.
The iSiLER comes with one of 2 widths－2 or 6.6 mm (0.07 in or 0.26 in) cutter so you can make spaghetti or lasagna noodles in any shape or size you desire.
This Machine is easy to clean with its separated structure and is made from food grade aluminum alloy. The pasta rollers and cutter are also washable.
- 9 setting adjustable thickness knob
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Food grade aluminum alloy pasta rollers
- 2 widths cutter－2 or 6.6 mm (0.07 in or 0.26 in)
- It is easy to use
- The thickness measurements are precise
- The machine is study
- It is well priced
- The thickness adjustment knob is not easy to turn
- The Hand crank doesn’t fit snuggly
The Shule Pasta Maker Machine is a high-quality pasta maker that comes with an elegant design. It has a stainless steel body and anodized aluminum roller and cutter. It comes with a regulating knob with 7 thickness settings that can be adjusted from 0.5 to 3 mm to give you control over how thick you want your pasta to be.
The machine is easy to use and clean, making it perfect for home use. Additionally, the pasta maker has a hand crank that can be removed for storage, making it easier to operate.
The classic body design and elegant red and silver color make this pasta maker a smart choice for any kitchen.
- Stainless steel body and anodized aluminum roller and cutter
- 7 thickness settings (0.5 to 3 mm)
- Removable hand crank
- Classic body design
- It is easy to use
- Allows to make different kinds of pasta
- It is sturdy
- It is quick to assemble
- Sometimes the handle slides out when using
- Takes a bit of practice to master
The Houseables Pasta Maker Machine is a great choice for anyone looking to make their own pasta on a regular basis. This machine is easy to use with multiple thickness settings and allows you to make a variety of types of noodle such as lasagna, linguine, and tagliatelle.
This pasta making machine features a stylish red casing and anodized aluminum roller and cutter, which makes it easy to get your pasta the way you want it.
The machine is also easy to clean with just a wipe down (note that water should not be used on this machine when cleaning as this can cause rust)
Aditionally, this pasta maker Machine also comes with a storage case, which makes it easy to keep your machine organized and clean.
- Multiple thickness settings
- Stainless steel body with a stylish red casing
- Anodized aluminum roller and cutter
- Sleek, elegant design
- It is easy to clean
- Easy to use
- It has lots of different settings for thickness
- Rolls out pasta really smoothly
- The C clamp seems to fail at keeping it still
- Handel falls off pretty easily
What is a manual pasta maker
A manual pasta maker is an appliance used to create fresh homemade pasta from scratch. The process involves rolling dough through a series of rollers that flatten it into sheets.
Once flattened, the sheet is cut into desired shapes by cutters. This type of pasta maker uses no electricity or motorized parts. Instead, it relies on hand power to do its work.
What should I consider when choosing a manual pasta maker?
There are many things to think about when deciding on the right model for your needs. Here are some of our top tips:
Many pasta makers have multiple thickness settings, so you can find the perfect consistency for your fresh pasta. Look for a pasta machine with at least two settings: one for thick pasta and another for thinner noodles.
Many manual pasta makers come with a variety of shape options, including spaghetti, macaroni, penne pasta and more. Make sure to find one that has the specific shapes you want.
The rolling mechanism is important because it determines how smooth your finished product will be. Look for a model with a smooth, easy-to-use roller.
Some pasta makers come with classic designs, like a rolling pin or wooden roller, while others are more modern and sleek.
Many pasta machines come with features like pre-set timer settings or automatic cutting guides to make the process easier.
The blade material will determine how sharp the machine is. Look for a stainless-steel or carbon steel blade to ensure durability.
Size and weight
When choosing a manual pasta maker, make sure it’s comfortable to use and easy to store. Many machines weigh between 4 and 6 pounds, so consider your needs before making a purchase.
Finally, make sure to find a machine that is durable and will hold up over time. You don’t want to end up having to replace it soon after buying it!
Tips on using a manual pasta maker
Here are some useful tips to help you get started:
- Always keep an eye on the dough – don’t let it dry out or it won’t cook properly.
- Use plenty of flour – this keeps the dough from sticking to the table or other surfaces.
- Don’t overwork the dough – kneading too hard can cause the gluten in the dough to stretch and break down.
- Flour the table first – this helps prevent the dough from sticking to the table.
- Dust the pasta after cooking – this prevents the pasta from drying out and becoming tough.
- Store the pasta in airtight containers – this stops the pasta from absorbing odors.
- Freeze leftover pasta – this will stop the pasta from spoiling.
- Cook the pasta straight away – this ensures that the pasta cooks evenly.
- Do not put the pasta in boiling water – this could damage the texture.
- Avoid putting the pasta in the microwave oven – this may affect the taste.
- Never store uncooked pasta in the refrigerator – this could lead to mold growth.
- Keep the pasta covered – this stops it from drying out.
- When storing pasta, always label it clearly. This makes it easier to identify later.
What do you think? Have you tried any of these handheld pasta makers? If so, what did you think about them? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.