This ham and bean soup is a straightforward meal to make and the proper method to take pleasure in a leftover ham bone.
With no soaking required, this recipe takes simply minutes to organize and cooks within the sluggish cooker to create a scrumptious and hearty meal!
Serve it with a chunk of cornbread or a crusty loaf for dipping.
I’m excited to have partnered with Hurst’s HamBeens® 15 BEAN SOUP® to carry you this belly-warming bean soup recipe.
Hearty Homestyle Goodness
- A hearty household meal, this Gradual Cooker Ham and Bean Soup recipe is simple to organize.
- This easy soup requires few components, beginning with Hurst’s® HamBeens® 15 Bean Soup®, onions, and ham – no soaking required.
- Finances pleasant, this soup may be made with leftover ham, a ham bone, smoked turkey, or a ham hock.
- This soup freezes and reheats effectively.
Elements for Ham and Bean Soup
Beans – This ham and bean begins with a combination of dried beans. I really like Hurst’s® HamBeens® 15 Bean Soup® for the number of beans, high quality, and taste. It contains nice northern beans, navy beans, and extra. You will discover them within the dry bean part of just about any grocery retailer or order them online.
Seasoning – Every bag of Hurst’s 15 Bean Soup comes with a vegetable-based seasoning packet so as to add nice taste. The seasoning packet may be changed with bouillon if wanted. I don’t add further seasonings however you’ll be able to add dried herbs or bay leaves for those who’d like.
Greens – I take advantage of canned tomatoes (drained), you can too use canned tomatoes with chilis so as to add somewhat little bit of spice or warmth to this ham and bean soup. Sliced celery or carrots may be added.
Ham for Bean Soup
You probably have a leftover ham bone from baked ham, this a favourite method to take pleasure in it.
In the event you don’t have a ham bone, ask your native butcher or deli for both ham bones (they’re normally actually cheap) or ham hocks. In the event you don’t have both, leftover chopped ham works fantastically on this recipe, too.
Methods to Make Ham and Bean Soup
- Rinse beans and add to the sluggish cooker with onions, ham, broth, and seasonings (per the recipe beneath).
- Cook dinner on excessive 5 hours (or low for 7-8) or till beans are tender.
- Stir in remaining components and cook dinner for extra half-hour.
- Straightforward peasy! Serve heat with cornbread for dipping.
Suggestions for Bean Soup
- Rinse beans effectively and verify for any particles. No soaking is required when utilizing a sluggish cooker.
- You probably have already soaked the beans, you’ll be able to scale back the liquid within the recipe by 1 cup.
- IMPORTANT: Add acidic components (corresponding to canned tomatoes or lemon juice) after the beans have softened (these components can typically intrude with rehydration).
- For a thinner consistency, add one further cup of broth or water to your sluggish cooker. In the event you’d like a thicker bean soup you’ll be able to take away a cup or so of the beans, mix them, and add them again into the soup.
We love this Ham and Bean soup served as is out of the Crock Pot with an enormous piece of moist cornbread. It may also be served over a bowl of rice too!
Fridge: Leftovers may be saved within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
Freezer: This ham and bean soup recipe makes a big batch and it freezes effectively. I divide it into particular person parts so it’s simple to thaw as many parts as wanted. Thaw within the fridge in a single day and warmth within the microwave or on the stovetop.
Did your loved ones love this Gradual Cooker Ham and Bean Soup? Make sure to depart a score and a remark beneath!
Crock Pot Ham and Bean Soup
Ham and Bean soup takes simply minutes to organize and cooks effortlessly within the Crock Pot all day lengthy!
Rinse the beans and drain. Type any undesirable particles and set seasoning packet apart.
Place beans, onions, ham bone (or diced ham), broth/water, garlic cloves, and chili powder in a 6qt sluggish cooker.
Cook dinner on excessive for five hours (or low for 7-8) or till beans are tender.
As soon as the beans are tender, take away the hambone (if used), chop any meat left on the bone, and add it again to the pot.
Stir within the diced tomatoes, Ham Taste packet, and lemon juice.
Cook dinner for a further half-hour. Season with salt and black pepper to style and garnish with recent parsley if desired.
Substitute the hen broth with water, beef broth, or vegetable broth.
Use a leftover ham bone on this soup. In the event you don’t have one, ask on the deli counter for ham bones (they’re normally actually cheap) or ham hocks. Leftover chopped ham works effectively too.
Rinse beans effectively and verify for any particles. No soaking is required when utilizing a sluggish cooker. You probably have already soaked the beans, you’ll be able to scale back the liquid within the recipe by 1 cup.
For a thinner consistency, add one further cup of broth or water to the sluggish cooker. For a thicker bean soup, take away a cup or so of the beans, mix them, and add them again into the soup.
Energy: 259 | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 18g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 387mg | Potassium: 960mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 3.4mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
I’m excited to have partnered with Hurst’s HamBeens® 15 BEAN SOUP® to carry you this stomach warming recipe. Whereas I used to be compensated for this publish, all ideas and opinions are my very own. Working with nice manufacturers I really like permits me to maintain bringing you the good recipes you like!