This baked frittata recipe is straightforward to make with recent elements!
Eggs, bacon, a handful of veggies, and loads of cheese mix to make a hearty breakfast!
It’s fast and straightforward, and makes a fantastic breakfast, brunch or dinner!
What’s a Frittata?
A frittata is an egg dish that may be stuffed with any mixture of meat, veggies, or cheese. It’s usually added to a scorching skillet or forged iron pan on the stove-top and completed within the oven.
- With minimal prep and cleanup, this dish is straightforward to make and makes use of only one skillet.
- Finances-friendly clear out the fridge and use leftovers from potatoes or pasta to meat and veggies.
- This frittata recipe reheats properly, so make it on the weekend and reheat it for breakfast all through the week.
- Serve chilly for a light-weight lunch or heat alongside a salad and drinks for a scrumptious meal.
Frittata Vs Quiche
Each are made with the identical primary elements, however in contrast to quiche, a frittata recipe doesn’t have a crust, and it has a distinct ratio of dairy to eggs.
Components And Variations
Meat – Apart from eggs, different proteins like diced ham, bacon bits, Italian sausage, and salmon can be utilized in a frittata. For a lighter dish, use fewer yolks and extra whites.
Potatoes – Potatoes like diced hashbrowns are good decisions. Leftover chilly pasta is a superb addition and can be utilized instead of potatoes.
Greens – Any veggie goes! Crimson bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, asparagus, child spinach, broccoli, or cherry tomatoes are nice choices. Use what you could have.
Cheese – I like the flavour of cheddar, however very like the opposite elements, virtually any shredded cheese is ideal. Attempt shredded goat cheese, mozzarella, swiss cheese, or perhaps a sprinkle of feta cheese crumbles.
Learn how to Make a Frittata
- Saute veggies in an oven-safe pan till tender, after which add potatoes.
- Whisk eggs, cream, and seasonings in a bowl, and stir in bacon and inexperienced onion.
- Pour the custard combination into the skillet and high with shredded cheese and recent herbs.
- Bake (per recipe beneath) till the frittata is simply set. Broil a minute or two for a pleasant golden high.
Suggestions for the Finest Frittata
- Set eggs out about 20 minutes earlier than whisking them – this helps them loosen up quicker and incorporate extra air, making for a fluffier frittata.
- Make certain the greens are cooked so that they don’t launch water into the frittata.
- Hold leftover frittata in a lined container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Reheat parts within the microwave.
Did you like this Straightforward Frittata Recipe? Make sure you go away a ranking and a remark beneath!
Straightforward Frittata Recipe
This straightforward Frittata recipe makes an excellent flavorful breakfast dish loaded with eggs, veggies, cheese, & bacon!
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In an 8-inch skillet or forged iron skillet, warmth olive oil over medium warmth. Add greens and cook dinner till tender-crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in potatoes/hashbrowns and cook dinner a further 5 minutes (pasta could be added however would not must be cooked). Sprinkle bacon and inexperienced onion overtop.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, cream, dry mustard, and seasonings. Pour the egg combination over the elements int he skillet and sprinkle with cheese and recent herbs.
Bake 14-16 minutes or till eggs are set. Broil 1-2 minutes.
Take away from the oven and funky 5 minutes earlier than reducing. Serve heat.
- Guarantee veggies and meats are pre-cooked.
- No cooked potatoes readily available? Use leftover pasta or premade hashbrowns. You can too shred uncooked potatoes and fry in oil for about 5-8 minutes, earlier than including different veggies.
- You should utilize heavy cream or complete milk instead of gentle cream.
- Watch cooking instances rigorously. Relating to a frittata, gentle and simply set is greatest. The eggs will proceed to cook dinner because it rests.
- If it’s essential to agency up the highest of the eggs, broil for a few minutes earlier than serving (make certain to not overcook).
- Frittata reheats properly and makes nice sandwiches on toast!
Energy: 405 | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 16g | Fats: 29g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Ldl cholesterol: 253mg | Sodium: 583mg | Potassium: 448mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2109IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 2mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.