Rooster Marsala is straightforward to make at dwelling and simply pretty much as good as any Italian restaurant!
Tender rooster breasts are simmered in a creamy mushroom marsala sauce for a meal that’s simple sufficient for a weeknight dinner.
A 30-Minute Meal
Rooster Marsala is from Sicily, with rooster breasts simmered in Marsala wine. The wine tenderizes the rooster and creates a delicous savory mushroom sauce.
- Fast and Straightforward: Prepared in half-hour, ideally suited for a busy weeknight however elegant sufficient for friends.
- Restaurant High quality: Skip the hefty restaurant invoice or wait at Olive Backyard; this dish is straightforward to make at dwelling.
- Easy Substances: Requires only some easy components, with rooster, mushrooms, and Marsala wine.
Substances for Rooster Marsala
- Rooster Breasts: Use 4 small, boneless skinless breasts, about 5-6 oz. Pound them to a fair thickness for fast cooking.
- Flour: Flour is used to provide the rooster a crisp crust in addition to to thicken the sauce.
- Rooster Broth: Rooster broth or inventory provides taste to the sauce.
- Shallot/Onion: Shallot is added for taste, you should utilize ¼ cup of onion in place.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms add quite a lot of taste to the sauce, you should utilize white or brown mushrooms. Brown have a deeper extra earthy taste.
- Marsala Wine: Marsala wine is a fortified wine originating from Sicily. When procuring, select dry Marsala – not candy Marsala. Not solely does it taste the sauce, it additionally has a little bit of acidity to assist tenderize the rooster.
Easy methods to Make Rooster Marsala
- Pound rooster to a fair thickness and brown it in a skillet. Put aside per the recipe beneath.
- Prepare dinner the onion and mushrooms in butter till tender. Add the remaining sauce components and simmer till thickened.
- Return rooster to the pan and prepare dinner by means of. Serve over pasta.
Cream will not be conventional in a marsala sauce, however it may be added for those who’d like. Exchange ⅓ cup of rooster broth with the identical quantity of heavy cream.
Hold leftover rooster marsala in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Reheat on the stovetop.
Rooster marsala will be frozen for as much as 6 months. Thaw within the fridge in a single day, and reheat the rooster and sauce on the stovetop earlier than combining them once more over freshly made pasta.
Did you make this Rooster Marsala Recipe? Remember to go away a ranking and remark beneath!
Straightforward Rooster Marsala Recipe
Straightforward Rooster Marsala is extra scrumptious than any model from an Italian restaurant, and a lot cheaper too!
Cowl the rooster breasts with plastic wrap and use a meat mallet to pound to ¼-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
In a big skillet, preheat the olive oil over medium excessive warmth. Prepare dinner the rooster in batches, 3-4 minutes per facet or till cooked by means of. Switch the rooster to a plate.
In the identical pan, add 2 tablespoons butter, thyme, and shallot and prepare dinner till tender, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and prepare dinner till juices are launched, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1½ tablespoons flour and prepare dinner for 1 minute extra.
Pour within the Marsala wine and inventory or broth and simmer till thick and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
Add rooster again into the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes or till heated by means of.
Garnish and serve over pasta.
Rooster breasts: In the event that they’re very giant, they are often reduce in half horizontally. Exchange rooster breasts with 8 skinny rooster cutlets.
Sauce: A creamier rooster Marsala will be made by switching out one-third cup of rooster broth for a similar quantity of heavy cream or half & half.
Leftovers: Hold leftover rooster marsala refrigerated for as much as 3 days. Reheat on the stovetop.
Energy: 567 | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 52g | Fats: 26g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 13g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 479mg | Potassium: 1106mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 418IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.