This beef stroganoff recipe is a fast and straightforward weeknight meal.
Tender items of beef are simmered with mushrooms in a savory bitter cream gravy!
Serve this simple beef stroganoff spooned over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
An Straightforward Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- Beef stroganoff is fast and straightforward to make, but it tastes prefer it’s been cooking for hours.
- All of it cooks in simply one pan for much less mess and fewer dishes to clean.
- The key to beef stroganoff with tender meat is within the cooking methodology (be certain to not overcook!).
- The straightforward sauce is scrumptious and will be stretched by including additional mushrooms or veggies.
Substances for Beef Stroganoff
Beef – Use steak on this recipe for nice taste and tender outcomes – sirloin steak, ribeye, or beef tenderloin are nice decisions.
Observe: When you have leftover steak or cooked beef, slice and add it on the finish of cooking—simply lengthy sufficient to warmth by.
Onions & Mushrooms – Onions and mushrooms add nice taste to this dish, they usually additionally assist stretch the meal a bit additional! Use both white or cremini mushrooms.
Stroganoff Sauce – Sauce for beef stroganoff is a savory combination of broth, seasonings, and a little bit of Worcestershire sauce and Dijon. Simply earlier than serving, bitter cream is stirred into the sauce. Greek yogurt can be utilized rather than bitter cream.
Methods to Make Beef Stroganoff
- Sear the Beef: Lower the meat into strips and sear in a scorching pan per the recipe beneath.
- Cook dinner the Veggies: Cook dinner onions & mushrooms in butter till softened.
- Make the Sauce: Stir within the flour after which add the remaining sauce components and simmer.
- Stir in Bitter Cream: Stir the meat again into the pan till heated by. Stir in bitter cream & serve. Garnish with contemporary parsley for those who’d like.
- You possibly can swap the from-scratch sauce for a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup for an on the spot dish.
- Use frozen or home made meatballs or ground beef.
- Add additional veggies like peas or bell peppers so as to add a pop of colour and taste!
Ideas for Beef Stroganoff
Listed below are just a few tricks to make this the perfect Beef Stroganoff.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan when browning (brown in small batches)
- Don’t overcook the meat; it needs to be a little bit pink inside as it is going to proceed to cook dinner within the sauce.
- Scrape up the little brown bits within the pan when making the sauce.
- For a thicker sauce, combine equal elements cornstarch and water after which add it to the boiling sauce a bit at a time till it reaches the specified consistency.
- Make sure the bitter cream doesn’t boil to forestall it from curdling.
Leftover beef stroganoff will be saved in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days. Retailer the noodles individually from the stroganoff.
Freeze parts with out egg noodles (they get mushy within the freezer) in zippered baggage for as much as 4 weeks and thaw within the fridge till able to reheat on the range.
Did your loved ones love this Beef Stroganoff Recipe? Depart us a score and a remark beneath!
Straightforward Beef Stroganoff
This beef stroganoff recipe is a fast and straightforward weeknight meal with numerous tender beef and mushrooms in a scrumptious creamy sauce.
Pat the steak dry with a paper towel and lower it into ½-thick strips or 1-inch cubes.
Season the meat with salt and pepper, then toss with 1 tablespoon of flour. Shake off any extra flour.
In a big skillet or saucepan, warmth olive oil over medium-high warmth. Brown beef in small batches for about 1 minute on all sides till evenly browned. Switch to a plate and put aside.
Scale back the warmth to medium. Add butter and onion to the pan, cooking till the onion is softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic, persevering with to cook dinner till softened, about 4 minutes.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour to the mushroom combination and cook dinner for one minute.
Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and thyme. Convey to a boil, scale back the warmth, and let simmer uncovered for five minutes.
Add the browned beef and any juices on the plate to the sauce. Cook dinner for an extra 2 minutes or till the meat is heated by.
Take away from the warmth and gently stir in bitter cream. Season with salt and pepper to style. Serve over egg noodles and garnish with parsley.
- For essentially the most flavorful dish, select striploin or ribeye. Any beef kind will work, however steaks are likely to have the perfect taste.
- Brown the meat in batches at a medium-high temperature. Don’t cook dinner it all through; it’s steak and generally is a little bit pink inside.
- For a thicker sauce, make a slurry with equal elements cornstarch and water. Add it to the boiling sauce a bit at a time till it reaches the specified consistency.
- Don’t boil the bitter cream or it might probably curdle.
Energy: 453 | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 43g | Fats: 25g | Saturated Fats: 13g | Ldl cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 761mg | Potassium: 1092mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 4.6mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 3.8mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.