The cucumber feta salad recipe is a cool and refreshing switchover from salad greens.
This colorfully crunchy salad is the right mix of sliced cucumbers and purple onions, feta cheese, and recent herbs all combined in a tangy French dressing!
This can be your summer season go-to salad that everybody will love!
A Recent Bowl of Goodness
- Summer time is the right time for refreshing non-lettuce salads like this cucumber feta salad.
- This straightforward recipe could be made as much as 3 days forward and is ideal for events or picnics.
- Cucumber feta salad is low-carb, low-calorie, and filled with taste.
- It’s versatile sufficient to go together with a flowery steak dinner or just grilled burgers and fries.
Components in Cucumber Feta Salad
This recipe has so many choices for variations, it’s like a brand new recipe each time!
Cucumbers – English cucumbers or mini cucumbers are perfect as they don’t have to be peeled and the seeds are small. If utilizing area cucumbers, you may peel them and scrape out the seeds with a spoon if you happen to’d like.
Onion – Crimson onions gained’t overpower the salad, slice them thinly. When you don’t have purple, you should utilize white and even inexperienced onions.
Feta – Crumbled feta is nice on this salad. You’ll be able to swap in your favourite cheeses like mozzarella (bocconcini) or gorgonzola crumbles.
Dressing – Any mixture of oil and vinegar can be utilized on this recipe. Recent herbs are greatest; verify the recipe notes for utilizing dried herbs. If time is brief, use a bottle of Greek French dressing dressing.
- Add kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, capers, and chopped mint for a Greek salad impressed dish.
Tips on how to Make Cucumber Feta Salad
- In a big bowl, combine the dressing components (as per recipe under).
- Add the sliced cucumbers and onions. Toss to mix, cowl, and chill till able to serve.
- Stir and sprinkle with feta earlier than serving.
Storing Leftover Salad
- Hold leftover cucumber feta salad in a lined container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- Drain the salad in a colander, stir, and refresh the seasonings earlier than serving.
Did your loved ones get pleasure from this Cucumber Feta Salad? In that case, go away a ranking and remark under!
Cucumber Feta Salad
Cucumber Feta Salad is a cool and refreshing dish.
In a medium bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, dill, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Slice the cucumbers ¼-inch thick. If utilizing an English cucumber, lower the slices into quarters.
Add the cucumbers and sliced onion to the bowl and toss to mix. Refrigerate for at the least half-hour or as much as 4 hours.
Stir and sprinkle with feta cheese earlier than serving. Garnish with further herbs if desired.
Recent herbs add one of the best taste and are beneficial on this salad.
For added taste, a small clove of minced garlic could be added to the dressing.
This salad could be made forward of time and saved within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
Energy: 177 | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 6g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 172mg | Potassium: 711mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 625IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet info offered is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.