This Cranberry Sauce recipe is so extremely straightforward to make with simply 4 substances and the style is so significantly better than canned or jarred!
Put together cranberry sauce months forward of time and maintain it within the freezer. Merely thaw and serve on the massive day!
Do-it-yourself Cranberry Sauce Is So Simple
This cranberry sauce recipe is each candy and tart and tastes so significantly better than a can! Serve it at Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter. It goes nice with roast turkey, goose, Cornish game hens, and even ham.
- It’s tremendous straightforward to make. No prep is required.
- Will be made as an entire berry sauce or easy.
- Use recent or frozen berries.
- Will be made months forward and frozen.
When you make it do-it-yourself, I virtually assure you’ll by no means purchase canned cranberry sauce once more (until you’re utilizing it to make cocktail meatballs).
Elements for Cranberry Sauce
Cranberries – Cranberries are the star and recent or frozen style precisely the identical on this recipe. If utilizing frozen, there is no such thing as a must thaw first.
Cinnamon – I like so as to add a cinnamon stick with the combination, in case you don’t have one, add a small pinch of floor cinnamon and even apple pie spice!
Sugar – Cranberries are very tart so sugar is required to stability the flavour. White sugar or brown sugar work. This cranberry sauce recipe could be made with sweetener, maple syrup, or honey rather than sugar.
Liquid – A little bit of water is required to prepare dinner the cranberries. Change water with juice like orange juice or apple apple juice.
- Juices – We use water or orange juice however use your favourite juice like pineapple or apple juice.
- Zest – Stir in some lemon or orange zest or orange peel for some additional taste.
- Fruit – Add chopped apples, pears, a slice of ginger, and even chopped pecans.
- Spices – Play with the spices and add a pinch of nutmeg, or allspice.
- Boozy – Substitute a tablespoon or so of the o.j. with one thing boozy, a splash of Grand Marnier, a touch of rum, or a little bit of brandy.
Make Cranberry Sauce
It’s really easy!
- Place cranberries, sugar, and water (or juice) in a saucepan with a cinnamon stick per the recipe under.
- Simmer (you’ll hear the cranberries begin to pop) and stir for about 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature after which refrigerate.
- Water produces a extra conventional taste whereas orange juice makes it zestier.
- This cranberry sauce recipe will thicken because it cools.
- When you’d like a easy sauce, place the nice and cozy combination right into a mesh strainer and pressure it right into a bowl. Press the cranberries with a spoon to take away as a lot juice as potential.
Freeze Cranberry Sauce
Fill up on cranberries once they present up at your native grocery store as a result of they’ve a number of makes use of all 12 months spherical from sour cream cranberry bars to cranberry trifle and even toss them into smoothies.
Contemporary cranberries will last as long as 4 weeks within the fridge and they are often frozen for as much as a 12 months so long as they’re sealed in an hermetic bag.
Prep the cranberry sauce as much as 3 months forward of time and freeze. Thaw within the fridge in a single day.
Did your loved ones love this do-it-yourself Cranberry Sauce? Be sure you go away a score and a remark under!
Simple Cranberry Sauce
Nothing says ‘holidays’ fairly just like the tangy taste of a recent, do-it-yourself cranberry sauce!
In a medium pot, mix cranberries, sugar, water, and the cinnamon stick.
Convey to a boil over medium-high warmth. Cut back the warmth to a simmer and prepare dinner for 10-12 minutes uncovered.
Take away the cinnamon stick and discard. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate till chilled.
Water produces a extra conventional taste whereas orange juice makes it zestier.
The cranberry sauce will thicken because it cools.
It is a entire berry sauce, for a easy texture, place the nice and cozy sauce right into a mesh strainer and pressure it right into a bowl urgent the cranberries to take away as a lot juice as potential.
Make this sauce weeks (or months) forward of time and freeze. Thaw in a single day and serve for the massive day.
Energy: 131 | Carbohydrates: 33g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 21.1mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.2mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.