Making baked salmon is very easy, it’s an ideal weeknight meal.
This salmon fillet recipe has a flavorful citrus ginger marinade, and is baked to flaky, tender perfection!
Simple and fast, this baked salmon recipe may be halved to feed two folks or doubled to feed a crowd!
Simplify Dinner Simple Baked Salmon
- Impress your company with a restaurant-quality meal that’s really quite simple to make.
- They cook dinner tremendous quick and bake in about 12 minutes.
- This salmon recipe makes use of substances I often have available!
- Save time and stress by prepping forward of time with a flavorful marinade that’s simple to make.
- Prepare dinner up a meal that’s each scrumptious and exquisite. It’s simple sufficient for a weeknight but elegant sufficient for company.
- Make use of any leftover salmon by incorporating it right into a salmon salad or croquettes.
This simple marinade all comes collectively to present this salmon a lot taste with little effort!
Salmon – Use contemporary or frozen salmon filets for this recipe. If frozen, thaw the filets within the fridge and proceed as directed within the recipe. If the filets are flatter thinner filets, they are going to want much less cooking time.
Juice – For a tangy orange taste on this glaze, use good ol’ OJ. For those who don’t have any orange juice, strive pineapple juice or apple juice as a substitute.
Sweetness – Sugar helps the glaze caramelize to sweeten issues up with brown sugar and honey. For those who solely have one, use it or combine issues up by including in some maple syrup.
Taste Ginger and garlic communicate for themselves. For those who don’t have contemporary ginger or garlic, you should use powdered however use just one teaspoon of every within the marinade. Don’t pass over the toasted sesame oil, because it provides plenty of taste.
Selecting the Finest Salmon Fillets
- Search for thick, properly marbled cuts.
- Press the thickest a part of the flesh and the salmon ought to spring again, not stay indented.
- Give it sniff! Something too fishy smelling might be finest prevented.
The way to Bake Salmon Fillets
This salmon is marinated after which baked within the oven. I wish to bake it till virtually prepared after which broil it for a minute or so on the finish.
Reserve a bit little bit of the marinade for brushing on the finish.
- Marinate salmon for at the very least 1 hour or as much as 4 hours utilizing the recipe under.
- Bake the salmon for about 10-12 minutes (this can range based mostly on thickness, verify your salmon early to make sure it doesn’t overcook).
- Brush with extra marinade and broil 1-2 minutes.
Inexperienced onions are a reasonably and contemporary garnish! Strive topping with a twist of orange peel as effectively!
Ideas for Good Baked Salmon
- For every clean-up, line the baking dish with parchment paper or foil.
- Brushing melted butter on the salmon earlier than seasoning it with salt and pepper can add further taste and moisture.
- Add extra contemporary herbs like cilantro or parsley for garnish.
- A squeeze of contemporary lemon juice or some lemon slices are good for serving.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to cook dinner salmon to your required temperature. The USDA recommends 145°F, though many discover this to be a bit too effectively executed and like a temperature nearer to 125-130°F. Consuming uncooked or undercooked seafood might improve your danger of foodborne sickness.
Did you get pleasure from this Baked Salmon? Make sure you depart a ranking and a remark under!
Baked Salmon Fillets
Contemporary, baked salmon filets are marinated in a ginger soy marinade & baked till tender & flaky.
In a small bowl, mix all marinade substances. Put aside 2 tablespoons of marinade for brushing the salmon. Pour the remaining marinade over the salmon and marinate for at the very least 1 hour or as much as 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Take away the salmon from the marinade and discard the surplus marinade. Place the salmon, pores and skin aspect down, in a baking dish or on a parchemnt paper lined rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake the salmon fillets for 10-12 minutes. Word that cooking time might range relying on the thickness of the salmon fillets. Test the salmon early to make sure it would not overcook.
Brush salmon with reserved marinade and transfer to the highest rack of the oven. Broil 1-2 minutes or simply till cooked by, don’t overcook.
Garnish with inexperienced onions if desired.
Test your salmon early to make sure it doesn’t overcook.
Salmon ought to be barely translucent within the middle and flake simply with a fork.
Vitamin info consists of 25% of the marinade.
Energy: 262 | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 34g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 864mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 99IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.